Stuck in a creative block? It happens to the best of us. Here are 5 things you can do to help!
1. Look At Something Else
- Literally, just look at something else for a little while. That can be accomplished in a variety of ways. You can go for a walk, grab a snack, take a short break, work on something else, or anything else that takes your mind off of your block to get the brain juices flowing again.
2. Seek Inspiration
- This is usually a big help for me. Looking at other ads or getting into a client persona are my go to tactics. Facebook has a great resource for this with their Ads Library where you can see any active Facebook ads. The Facebook Ads Library can be found HERE.
3. Look For an Outside Perspective
- Ask your peers or someone close to you for their perspective. Seeing things from another view can really help think of new ideas and you can use that other person to brainstorm as well. Who knows, maybe they’re stuck too and you can scratch each other’s back.
4. Change Your Environment
- If you work from a laptop, or anything else that is portable, try moving around some. Maybe you move to the couch where you’re nice and comfortable. Maybe you should try working at a coffee shop. If you are tied to a desk, you could try sitting on the other side of the desk. Kind of like sleeping on the other side of the bed, it could give you the changeup you need.
5. Power Through
- Sometimes you don’t have the time to take a break or look for inspiration. In those cases it may just be best to power through and work until you have something. Even if the outcome isn’t perfect, at least you’ve got something and you can work from that if there’s time.
Overcoming that creative block can be tricky sometimes. I’ve found that these options usually help me out the most. Hopefully they will provide you some relief as well.
Have any questions about overcoming creative challenges? Shoot us an email and we can chat.
Feel free to send us your own solutions to your creative blocks. We’re always on the lookout for anything that could help!